Here is my inspiration:
An email came to my student account today. It was about the gang-related assaults going on in Eugene around the campus area. Here is the link to the story it was talking about. The email itself wasn’t that bad, but it had a list of things to do so you can do prevent assault. I just wonder why we don’t get a list of things not to do to others.
Here is how to “keep safe” :
- Before leaving your residence let someone you trust know your plans.
- Always be aware of your surroundings, and carry a fully charged cell phone in case you need to call for assistance.
- Walk with trusted others. There is safety in numbers.
- Be responsible and avoid risky behaviors that may influence decision-making or place you in a vulnerable position.
- If you see suspicious or unusual activities, distance yourself immediately. Trust your instincts and take action to remain safe.
- If approached by an unwelcomed individual or group, try to avoid them and go to a safe or populated location.
- If threatened or assaulted, contact Eugene Police if off-campus and UODPS if on-campus.
Here is my photo today:
Here are my plans:
It’s Friday night, and I’m off to someone’s house. My phone is charged. I’m going with others. All my blog readers know that I’ll be going. I won’t do anything irresponsible. I’ve got my mace. No problem. Right?
Resources today are just the ones above!